The Foundation typically identifies almost all our grantees through our own research – not from grant submittal forms. We work with selected stakeholders and organizations on strategic initiatives and special projects. As a result, we are able to organize our efforts and address issues from various approaches, on many levels, with appropriate timing to optimize systemic and sustainable grant outcomes.
The Bower Foundation supports:
- Tax-exempt organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation under Section 509(a)
- Exempt operating foundations in Section 4940(d)(1)
- Organizations described in Section 170(c)(1) or Section 511(a)(2)(b) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Experienced, structured and innovative organizations
- Organizations that are clearly committed to improving Mississippi health
- Organizations working primarily in the state of Mississippi
The Bower Foundation does NOT support:
- Individuals and scholarships
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations outside the United States
- Organizations with a focus outside of Mississippi
- Organizations lacking a focus on Mississippi health
Any University of Mississippi Medical Center application/proposal would have to be approved by the Vice Chancellor prior to submission.